Harvard Business School - The Summer Venture in Management
The Summer Venture in Management (SVMP) is a one-week residential educational program for rising and graduating college seniors designed to increase diversity and opportunity in business education. For the SVMP 2022, participants will be graduating (class of 2022) or rising college seniors (class of 2023) from a domestic school.
HBS covers all educational expenses, including room and board. You will need to arrange for your own transportation to and from the program. Limited financial aid is available to cover travel expenses to the program. Admitted participants will be given information on how to request travel reimbursement.
SVMP is geared toward students who:
- Identify as a member of a group that is currently underrepresented in business schools and corporate America (e.g. African American, Latino, Native American, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or Transgender);
- Are the first family member to attend college, or from a family with little business education or experience;
- Are from a school whose graduates are sometimes underrepresented (e.g. attends a community college as part of a four-year degree or attends a predominantly minority college).
SVMP applicants must be a rising or graduating college senior to apply to the program.
- International students are not eligible. Undocumented students are eligible to apply to SVMP.
- Academic studies in the field of business administration are not necessary for selection to this program.
Participants will be selected based on the above eligibility criteria, academic achievement, demonstrated leadership, and management potential.