Vice Chancellor's International Attainment Scholarship
This award offers a 50% reduction on full tuition fees are available to exceptionally talented international students paying international tuition fee rates who will be starting their full-time postgraduate taught studies at Queen’s University Belfast.
50% tuition fee waiver on Masters programmes (1 & 2 years)
- Students must hold an offer for a place on a full-time eligible postgraduate taught programme starting in the academic year 2022/23 at the Queen’s University Belfast campus which has been confirmed as their FIRM choice, and prior to commencement of study have met any academic and language conditions attached to their offer as stated in their offer letter. Exclusions apply – see point 7 below.
- Students must be classified as international fee-paying students paying the full international tuition fee rate in order to be considered for this discount. Students paying NI/GB/EU fees are not eligible for the Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship-Postgraduate Taught.
- The scholarship will provide 50% of the cost of tuition fees and is awarded each year for up to a maximum of two years and is deducted annually from gross tuition fees upon enrolment.
- To be eligible for the scholarship applicants must complete the online application form and submit a video as detailed on the application form within the deadline.
- Students must be self-funded.
- If you are in receipt of funding (either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from an external sponsorship body such as Government, a charity or a private organisation you will not be eligible for the Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship- Postgraduate Taught.
- The following programmes are excluded from eligibility for the Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship - Postgraduate Taught:
- PG Certificate and PG Diploma programmes, MTh Theology
- ALL Distance Learning programmes, foundation degree programmes and non-standard fee courses, including part-time programmes. With the exception of all Queen’s Management Postgraduate Taught Programmes.
For all terms and conditions, please see their website.
- Fill out the Application Form on their website, reading all instructions beforehand.
- All applicants must submit a short 2-minute video outlining why you want to come and study at Queen's University Belfast and how you believe your programme of choice will benefit you in your future career aspirations.
- This video must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure to read all set deadlines and ensure you are following directions accurately.
- The criteria is not for a high-quality video production, you will be judged on the content and the quality of presentation skills only.
- Please ensure that your video is clearly audible.
- If Queen’s University Belfast cannot open your video your submission will not be accepted.
- Please ensure that you clearly identify your submission by including your Queen's University Belfast application reference and your full name on the email which accompanies your video.
- Any videos that exceed the requested length of 2 minutes will NOT be considered.
- Please ensure that your video can be opened and viewed by us using VLC media player. VLC media player supports many video file formats, and the university would recommend MP4.
- Funding for Graduate Study
- International Study or Experience
- Fourth-year+ Undergrads
- Undergraduate Alumni
- US Citizen
- US Permanent Resident
- International Student (non-US citizen)
ASU Nomination required