Mount Vernon Leadership Fellowship
The Mount Vernon Leadership Fellows Program is a highly selective six week summer institute for current sophomores offering unparalleled learning and networking opportunities at the home of America’s first president just outside our nation’s capital.
The Mount Vernon Leadership Fellows program offers a dynamic and stimulating leadership curriculum that encourages students to examine their personal strengths, identify areas for growth, and ultimately take action as a leader. In that spirit, these leadership lessons are taught within a framework highlighting the inspirational leadership model of George Washington. Each week students will meet with some of the nation’s top leaders, engage with the other Fellows on leadership styles and skills, and collaborate with their assigned mentor on their individual capstone projects.
Mount Vernon Leadership Fellowship is an all-inclusive six week program that provides housing, transportation, meals, and a $3000 stipend.
Students who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Currently enrolled college sophomore, with at least two semesters completed at their university.
- Student must be in good standing with their university
- Proven leadership ability and involvement
- All majors welcome
- Demonstrated interest in proposed capstone project
- Cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher
- Current U.S. Citizen
More information can be found on their FAQ page: https://www.mountvernon.org/library/fellowships/mount-vernon-fellows/frequently-asked-questions/
- Three (3) written essays and/or video statements
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Current college transcript (applicants may use an unofficial transcript.)
The deadline to apply is the last week in January. Applications can be submitted through the Mount Vernon website, at: https://www.mountvernon.org/leadershipfellows/