The Hillary Rodham Clinton Award for Peace and Reconciliation
Queen’s University will provide a full tuition-fee waiver to an exceptional female student from the USA who wishes to pursue study in a field related to politics, conflict transformation or human rights. The five MA programmes covered by the award will include:
- LLM Human Rights Law
- MA Conflict Transformation and Social Justice
- MA Global Security and Borders
- MA Politics
- MA Violence, Terrorism, and Security
Hillary Rodham Clinton made an outstanding contribution to reconciliation throughout the Northern Ireland peace process. She was a strong advocate for the inclusion of women’s voices in the peace talks and became an inspirational role model for many in the Queen’s community.
This award, created in the former Senator’s name, honours her long-standing commitment to peace, stability and education.
- Full tuition-fee waiver at Queen's University Belfast for the student awarded
- must have applied to the University for study in one of the outlined programmes by late January
- must be issued with an offer for your chosen programme by mid February
- must hold a 3.7 CGPA or above (or equivalent)
- must be a US citizen
- must identify as female
To be considered for this award, please submit an application for your chosen programme through the University’s online Direct Application Portal.
On the Direct Applications Portal, please tick the box labeled ‘I hope to or have already obtained funding for my studies’ and then enter HillaryClinton22 in the free text box labeled ‘Please state the source of funding’.
You must also upload a CV of no more than 2 pages which outlines your commitment to civic leadership and peacebuilding. This should be uploaded in a PDF merged with academic transcripts.