Eisenhower Global Scholars
The Eisenhower Global Scholars Program sends four American university graduates abroad annually for an academic year of postgraduate studies at two prestigious European universities, the University of Oxford and IE University in Madrid, Spain, leading to a master’s degree and immersion in the EF global network of Fellows.
Eisenhower Global Scholars will spend a full academic year of intensive postgraduate study and hands-on work experience, leading to the following degrees:
- Master in Public Policy from the Blavatnik School of Government at the University of Oxford in England, for students focused on public service and effective governance.
- Master in International Relations from the School of Global and Public Affairs at IE University in Spain, for students focused on the global economy, innovation and entrepreneurship.
Eisenhower Fellowships covers all major expenses. During their academic year of study, or after the school year is completed, the Scholars will meet with Eisenhower Fellows. Eisenhower Global Scholars will experience the lifelong connection to a network of like-minded leaders. The Scholars may be offered optional summer internships in collaboration with the EF Global Network.
For full requirements, please see the Eisenhower Fellowships PDF here.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents preferably between 20 and 30 years old, and will have:
- a track record of achievement, including a strong academic undergraduate record and community involvement
- demonstrated leadership potential
- a concrete project proposal that this international post-graduate study will advance
Candidates must be accepted into the program at the University of Oxford or IE University in Madrid in order to be eligible for this opportunity. You are only eligible for the scholarship at the university at which you are accepted.
Those interested in applying will need to create a profile on the Eisenhower Fellowships web portal. To Access the portal, visit https://www.efworld.org/apply-now/ and Click the “Get Started” tab. You will need to provide things such as contact information, educational and professional background, proposed academic travel, objectives and impact, etc.
- Funding for Graduate Study
- International Study or Experience
- International Affairs
- Public Policy
- Fourth-year+ Undergrads
- Undergraduate Alumni
- US Citizen
- US Permanent Resident
ASU Nomination required