CEAIE Teach In China Program
The China Educational Association of International Exchange (CEAIE) program provides an opportunity for teachers from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom or the United States of America to live and work in China for twelve months.
The aim of the program is to promote language exchange and mutual understanding among young people at home and abroad, and to improve foreign language education in Chinese schools, CEAIE has been working together with partner organizations overseas to provide opportunities for young people and experienced teachers to work as language teachers in Chinese school at all levels since 2005. More than 1,000 international English teachers have come to China through the Teach in China Program.
- Roundtrip international airfare
- Airport pick-up in Beijing; the first train ticket from Beijing to program school
- Monthly salary comparable to Chinese teachers’ salaries
- Work visa, the visa fee incurred overseas will be reimbursed up to 2,000RMB; the visa fees incurred in China will be covered by the program school
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance for Foreigner and Countryman from Hong Kong and Macao no less than 2,000 RMB
- Free accommodation, including private bedroom, living room (shared), kitchen (independent or shared; if no kitchen, then access to canteen), furniture, television, water heater, refrigerator, washing machine, air conditioning and internet connection.
- TESOL Certification: Those without TEFL/TESOL certification will be required to go through a training leading to being certified TESOL/TEFL instructors.
The program is open to citizens of the US, Canada, the UK, New Zealand and Australia between the ages of 20 and 55. Chinese work permit policy requires that these teachers be native speakers of English. Applicants should have obtained a Bachelor’s degree by the time their program begins; applicants who have TESOL certification or 2 or more years of teaching experience are highly desired. There is no Chinese language requirement.